Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation (SMBC) is a top-tier Japanese bank, which maintains relationships with over 100,000 companies in Japan. The history of the Sumitomo and Mitsui companies dates back more than four centuries, and both were founded as banks in the nineteenth century. SMBC’s predecessor, Mitsui Bank was founded in July 1876 in Tokyo, and Sumitomo Bank in 1895 in Osaka.
SMBC was established in 2001 following the merger of Sumitomo and Sakura banks. It has relationships with more than 100,000 companies in Japan as well as a strong and growing international network. The Bank offers a broad range of wholesale banking products including corporate, structured and trade finance, leveraged finance, loan market and treasury products. With its extensive network in the Asia Pacific region and presence in around 40 countries SMBC provides competitive solutions in Loan and Debt Capital Markets, Export & Trade Finance, Project Finance, Risk Solutions, Leasing, Asset Finance and Leveraged Finance.
SMBC has a network of 19 offices across the EMEA region, with over 1,500 colleagues and temporary workers. SMFG as a whole in EMEA increases this total to more than 1,800. This headcount is expected to grow.
For a minimum 3 months duration we offer the position of an
Intern Corporate Banking (m/w/d)
- Work as part of the coverage team to support the business relationships with existing and new
customers (large corporates in Germany, Austria and Switzerland)
- Assist with the preparation of sustainable commercial strategies for the client portfolio by
implementing customized credit & marketing plans in consideration of client needs, yields und risk
- Support the preparation of credit applications, including analysing financial statements
- Coordination across product groups and multiple geographies for execution and to prepare client
pitches, proposals and marketing materials
- Assist the negotiation, examination and preparation of documentation in close cooperation with
respective internal business lines as well as legal and external advisers
- Support the team in actively managing the client portfolio, including the preparation and
presentation of the periodic reviews
- Assist Management in the preparation of various 'ad hoc' reports relating to the Bank's strategy
- Strong academic background from a top-tier school in related major, business or finance
- Clear interest in corporate banking and preferably first experience in corporate finance including
- Team player with an entrepreneurial and inquisitive mind-set and able to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem solving ability and keen attention to detail
- Professional level/fluency in German and English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
How to apply
If you are interested, we look forward to receiving your full application documents. Please also indicate your availability.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
Frau Lena Heidkamp
Neue Mainzer Straße 52-58, 60311 Frankfurt am Main, Deutschland
+49 69 222298322